Regenerative Therapy, frequently referred to as “Stem Cell” therapy, is one of the most promising twenty-first century developments that shows great potential in all of the medical fields. Researchers and clinicians alike see this group of treatments as being a way to provide a higher quality of a drug-less, pain free, and longer life.
Once Stem Cells are injected into the body, they recognize the type and location of the damaged tissue. The cells migrate to the injured area and change into the type of cells that are needed. They also attract other cells in the body that will help with the healing process. Stem Cell therapy can help heal organs, muscle, tendons, ligaments, and even nerve coverings (for neuropathy).
When you start to understand how it works, it almost seems like a science fiction story line a writer would create! In reality, laboratories and the products they sell are very highly regulated product under FDA, (U.S. Food and Drug Administration), and are approved for use in repairing tissue. Whether you are one of the millions who suffer from constant or repeating episodes of joint pain, suffering from decreased organ function, or would like to improve your appearance, there is great news in the field of non-surgical treatment with regenerative medicine techniques.
We understand the life limiting effects of joint degeneration
At Integrated Pain Relief we understand the life limiting effects of joint degeneration and have several options to help you without drugs and their potential harmful side effects. When degenerative joint disease sets in, it is a progressive condition that can result in a dramatically reduced quality of life.
Some of the causes of joint degeneration are:
- Traumatic injury or injuries
- Nutritional imbalances
- Being overweight
- Having a sedentary lifestyle, (including computer work!)
- Work that stresses the joints, (repetitive bending, standing on hard surfaces)
- Collapsing or weak arches
- Having gout or a metabolic disease like rheumatoid arthritis
Some of the signs and symptoms of joint degenerative joint disease:
- Increased pain with activity
- Joint swelling
- Joint stiffness from non-activity
- Joint clicking or “grating” from bending/straightening
- Joint “glitching” or catching
- Weakness or “giving out” of the hands or legs
Some of the diagnosis we are given for these problems:
- Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rotator Cuff Tear or syndrome
- Torn or worn meniscus
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- A multitude of “Aging Problems” (“You’re just getting older”)
If Degenerative Diseases are not effectively treated early on in its progression, worsening function and disability is the result.
Advantages of Regenerative Treatment vs. Surgery:
- No hospital stays
- No anesthesia worries
- No post-operative pain killer drugs , like opioids, or anti-inflammatory drugs that can cause their own set of problems
- No pain from surgical incision (s)
- Virtually no risk of infection
- No tissue rejections
- No downtime, or long physical therapy treatments
- Faster healing
- Less expensive
- Results in “New” tissue, not just surgically modified tissue
- No metal or other artificial parts to react with, reject, or wear out